Although there has been a reduction compared to recent months Land Rover thefts & thefts from Land Rovers are still a concern. They continue to be targeted by thieves using key coding or similar devices to more basic methods. The ‘theft from’ items include wallets, expensive clothing, tools & equipment often left in full view, an easy target. As well as parts such as the spare wheel (a common target), rear windows bonnet & doors have been stolen.
The loss of a vehicle, its contents or the damage caused by an attempted theft can of course be a huge inconvenience to the victims as well as the financial loss. A back-to-basics approach may be advisable, please consider investing in a category 3 Thatcham approved mechanical immobilizer such as Disklok, Pedalbox or Stoplock, which will be a visual deterrent. Please see the below list of other security options which may help prevent you becoming a victim.
- High-quality steering wheel, gear stick &/or pedal locks.
- Consider a lock cover for the car diagnostics port to prevent keyless theft.
- The best quality alarm system available.
- Fit a tracking device.
- Consider fitting a hidden battery isolation or a fuel cut-off switch.
- Keep the vehicle in a lockable garage/building or park in well-lit areas, which are overlooked.
- Block the vehicle in on the drive way with a less vulnerable vehicle or item.
- Think security every time you leave your vehicle – are doors, windows and sunroof all shut and locked?
- Ensure any valuables are removed from the vehicle.
- Thieves will target component parts so consider marking them using a forensic marking solution or system.
- Have the vehicle identification number etched on windows.
- Take photographs of unusual features, modifications, damage or repairs which could aid identification if stolen
- Is CCTV an option?
Please be vigilant, protect your property & report any suspicious activity.